Agrati Inc, (USA) is seeking a highly motivated and driven PPAP Engineer. The PPAP Engineer is a key role within the organization who is responsible for all PPAP related processes, specification and procedure development, following IATF 16949 requirements, 8D problem solving and assisting with plant quality audits.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a small PPAP team, lead and report on status of all PPAPs for Agrati NA
- Fully responsible for the creation, assembly, customer submittal and approval of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and/or commercial First Article Inspection (FAI) process including suppliers.
- Responsible for part layout, Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility (GRR) generation, and capability analysis.
- Responsible for first piece set-up approval to support PPAP and/or FAI run.
- Performs product testing as required
- Interacts with all departments and disciplines specifically championing the Flow, PFMEA and control plans.
- Responsible for quality APQP including blueprint review, feasibility sign-off and gage procurement.
- Participates in internal audits and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Quality
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience & Background: three to five years’ experience in PPAP creation following the AIAG format for the automotive industry. Must have working knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes and principles (IATF 16949).
Requires experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of quality techniques such as SPC, TQM, etc. Must have demonstrated a record of achievement in problem solving with production teams.
Must be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Excellent verbal communication, presentation, training and leadership skills. Knowledge of entering PPAP submissions into customer portals a plus.
Agrati Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Plant: Medina (Ohio – USA)