A water topcoat that acts as corrosion prevention layer and as a lubricant.
Coating general description
Water based topcoat with dry to touch finish, acts as a corrosion prevention layer and as a lubricant. Hazy, matte finish that doesn’t alter the appearance of phosphated parts.
- Dry to touch;
- Shelf life of finished product is higher than oiled parts;
- Friction coefficient stability even under high loads, friction range μtot = 0.08-0.14 (according to ISO16047);
- Multi-tightening friction coefficient stability, at least 5 tightenings against:
- Increased humidostatic chamber red rust resistance, compared to standard phosphated and oiled coatings;
- Untightening resistance up to 100°C;
- Prevents stick-slip;
- Doesn’t affect the H-embrittlement phenomena;
- Very good adhesion.
- Bolts and nuts with phosphated conversion layers
- Powertrain bolts
- Conrod bolts
- Zn Phosphates/μPhosphates
- Zn-Ca μPhosphates
- Mn Phosphates
- Zn-Fe Phosphates
Due to the dry to touch nature of the coating, the cleanliness level tested according to VDA 19 is better compared to screws coated with μ-phosph. + oil.
Application process and environmental safety
Suitable for barrel or rack application processes, needs a curing time at 100°C. The product is ready to use and doesn’t need any dilution.
It is CrVI and heavy metal free.
*Mn Phosphates, Zn-Fe Phosphates, Zn Phosphates /Zn µ-Phosphates