Alkaline zinc-based galvanic coating, completely nickel free.
Coating general description
ECOPLATE™ is an alkaline zinc-based galvanic coating, sealed with topcoat developed by Agrati Tech Center. It has much better performances than any Zn coating on the market and is on par with some ZnNi coatings: it offers great performances at a competitive price with the advantage of being Ni-free.
It’s available in two different versions: clear and black.
- Uniform bright silver and gloss black;
- Coefficient of friction: µtot= 0.09 ÷ 0.15 (according to ISO16047);
- High stability against the main automotive tightening surfaces:
- Self loosening resistance according to VW01131 (up to 120°C).
- High corrosion performance (NSST according to ISO9227):
- White rust corrosion >240h
- Red rust corrosion > 720h
- Same performances with thermal conditioning (1h x 120°C)
- Fulfils PV1201
- Officially integrated in TL194*
*Technical standard of “COATING FOR FASTENERS IN CONTACT WITH MAGNESIUM”
- Ideal for all kind of geometry (including socket, fine pitch…)
- Bolts/nuts that need high stability in coefficient of friction
Application process and environmental safety
- Dip-spin application;
- Water based topcoat
- Cr(VI) and heavy metals free.